In the interim we enjoyed a much-needed get away this past weekend. Zack was asked to go to Savannah and work at an expo on Saturday morning, and in return we got a weekend away on the company! It was nice to have a few days to relax, shop, see the beach, and eat some really good seafood! It definitely did us some good to have at least a mini-vaca until time for the BIG TRIP...
And speaking of the BIG TRIP, we have some news to share! We received an email this morning, letting us know that our dossier was submitted to the SDA today (Ukraine's state department of adoption)!!!! We are so excited to finally get this piece of news.
So what's next?
The SDA has 20 business days (give or take) to review our dossier. If everything 'passes', then they will approve us, and will assign us a date to come to their office for an appointment.
All of that means that by mid-August we should receive approval and a travel date. Based on everything we've been hearing/reading lately, we could get an appointment around mid-October, or it could be later depending on how busy they are.
We appreciate everyone's prayers and support that helped us to this milestone. God is Good... All the Time! Now it's time for a new set of prayers... please pray that the SDA will approve us and assign us a travel date.
Another step closer to our Little Guy!
16 comments:
YAHOOOOOOO!
~ Lisa
Harbin is looking forward to having a new playmate soon!!! (We can dress them in matching VOLS stuff- just kidding!!!)
Congrats!
Another step closer to being in your loving arms! We are still praying! I'm glad to see that you guys were able to get away for the weekend. We were in Statesboro preparing for Preston's move out. His last class is Thursday..real world watch out!! Good thing we didn't know you were 45 minutes away from us this weekend, we would have tried to recruit your help or tried to meet you for dinner.
Love to you both!
Dee Ann
Yeah!!! Glad to hear the good news!!!
Got chills reading the good news!! Congrats :)
Tiffany, et al
Congratulations! We are waiting for submission too, hopefully we'll be in Ukraine at the same time!
Great news! That is very good to hear. I love river street in Savannah. It is a cool place and they have alot of cool places to eat seafood and buy candy. I hope things continue to move along for you and hopefully I can start Christmas Shopping for my nephew. I have been dying to buy him one of the new Optimus Prime figures. I doubt he will be able to play with it at first, but it will be something for down the road. He is after all more than meets the eye. yes, youb brother/brother is law is a huge nerd.
We're so excited that we can hardly stand it!!! The closer it gets, the more anxious we become to meet our new grandchild!! We are praying for quick approval and a travel date soon so that that sweet boy will be here with all of us for the holidays....his first of many with his new Mommy and Daddy and family. We love yall so much!!!
Love,
Mom and Tommy
God is truly GOOD !!!
Wonderful News!! Praise the Lord!
I know ya'll are on cloud nine. Just a little longer and that little fellow will think he's there too. Maybe these next couple of months will go faster for you knowing things are moving now. Hang in there LG...help is on the way!!
How exciting let the journey begin!
Hey Jenn (Adrianna)! This is Mandy Chatham. I have no idea how I found your site, I was just being snoopy and stumbled on to it. I am so glad I did though. I see that you and your husband are wanting to adopt a precious little boy...you are in my prayers. I know you will be such a wonderful mommy. It is great to see that you are doing so well.
Love,
Mandy (Victoria)
ALC7506@aol.com
CONGRATULATIONS! You're one step closer...can't wait to hear about you getting your appointment!
Wow! That's great news. So exciting!
And you'll be glad for all that saved up time.
Congratulations! We know how great this feels! (thanks for stopping by our blog)
It would be great if we ended up traveling around the same time since it feels like we've gotten to know so many families via their blogs.
We'll add you to our prayer list.
The countdown has begun!
Congratulations on the submission! Thanks for stopping by our blog. I would love to publish a book of blog entries from parents who have adopted from Ukraine. Profits could go to the orphanages!
I can't wait to find out when your appointment will be!
Congratulations on submission of your dossier! We'll be following your journey to Ukraine!
Post a Comment