Zack and I believe with all our hearts that God called us to adopt, and specifically, to adopt from Ukraine. I want our friends and family to get a better feel for the plight facing the children there, so take a look at the link below – it’s a video that an adoptive mom-to-be created.
Here's the link: Orphans of Ukraine
I didn’t post this so people will tell us what a good thing we’re doing, or say how blessed our little guy will be because of our actions. I simply wanted you all to get a clearer understanding of why we feel so compelled to go. I wanted you to get an idea of what our child is experiencing right now, and what he would be faced with if he didn’t get out. We are thankful that God has us on this adventure, and we can’t wait for the radical life changes that are in store for us! While the journey is long and at times difficult, we know that God is leading us down this path and that He will be with us all along the way.
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.
Matthew 25: 35 – 36
7 comments:
What a beautiful video that is, what I could see through the tears. Isn't it sad that conditions like that exist for children, not just there, but anywhere. Ben said maybe you'd come home with more than one. We'll help anyway we can. There were some beautiful children in those pictures. The statistics were very disturbing and heart wrenching. God has to be in every mile of this journey. I can hardly wait to meet and hold the treasure He has picked for you. Yes, you'll be great parents because I know He'll be your guide in all you do. Just know that our prayers will continue to be with you no matter how long it takes. I told someone just this week Zack, that you're the most impatient person I know and you're handling this very well, on the outside at least. We all love both of you so much, but I know you know this.---love Mom
Hi, Jennifer! Thanks for the kind comment on our video! We've been following your blog for awhile and are waiting to hear about your appointment date. The waiting is the worst, isn't it??? We're not even submitted yet, but we're glad that everythings in Kiev and out of our hands. Would you mind if I added you to our blogroll too?
I came across that video this past spring and wept. Thanks for sharing your experiences thus far. It's helpful for those of us following behind. We're waiting (seems like forever) for our dossier to be submitted. But we remind ourselves that God's timing is perfect and the little child He's got in mind for our family must not yet be available. We will keep you in our prayers and hope your appointment date info comes soon.
I just finished watching the video and I'm wiped out. I knew conditions were not ideal for the orphans of Ukraine, but I had no idea what they actually go through or how dismal their lives are if they don't get adopted. Praise God for parents like yall and the others who have been led to find their children in Ukraine. I'm praying every day for the safety of our little guy and for his caregivers. And, I'm praying that yall will be able to go get him soon and bring him home to the safety of your love. We can't wait to spoil him and love him. It won't be long now. We love yall so much and already love our "Little Guy".
Love, Mom and Tommy
Every child should have parents to love and comfort and raise them. I can't watch things like this without crying. We'll be praying for you two and the little guy as you wait for God to bring you together.
I'm on pins and needles hoping you guys hear today! :)
I just wanted to say how I liked what you said about the video. About how you don't have it there so that people will say how good YOU are, etc...
Leslie did such a great job with that video and wouldn't it be great if, because of people like us who show the video to others, more people are moved to adopt too?!!!
I know that in our case, it has been instrumental in making people want to help us...but maybe someday, we can be helping them!
Post a Comment