Not much to report. Things are running pretty smoothly. I took Jenn to the airport this morning. She will be in Texas until Thursday. I have a few things that I am going to try and get done around the house while she is gone, but mostly I am just going to immerse myself in work so that the time will pass quickly. I am posting a photo of Jenn painting her little rocking chair that she had when she was a kid. It is complete now, but I just too lazy to go and take another photo.
Our football team got romped on Saturday by what I thought was a weak Alabama team. Oh well, the sun still rose and we made it. We talked to our friends Kelly and Amanda last night and they are doing well. In fact, they should be leaving to come home next week which puts them just over 4 weeks. We are hopeful that we can get home that soon as well.
We got the LG a backpack on Saturday and are having his name put on the back. I think it is going to look really good.
Things are progressing nicely and Jennifer's to-do list is shrinking fast. We are holding tight to God's promise found in Deut 31:8 that He, Himself is going before us and will be with us and will not leave us nor forsake us. We are very excited, scared and nervous.

6 comments:
Jenn
Ben and I are both surprised and amazed that you're painting in your living room floor with just a few newspapers and no mess. I would have needed a sheet at least. I can feel the love you're putting into the chair. Our little guy is so lucky. I'm using present tense cause I know God already has him picked for you.
Love you------Barbard
What a cute picture! You guys made so many cool things for your son!
2 weeks is really close, we have a little bit less than 4 weeks left, and I already can't sleep!
I just wanted to say hi! We are waiting for our appointment date (submitted Sept 24). I'm looking forward to reading about and learning from your adventure! May God lead you right to your son.
Julie
www.julie.hinshaw.blogspot.com
You sound so calm! We are running around like loonies...! Hope we get to meet in UA.
That chair is cute!!! Two weeks...WOW! We're at the six week point. I think it's time to start thinking about luggage.
Zack, thanks for taking me to the airport yesterday - can't wait to see you Thursday night! (And by the way, you should post more often - you always do such a great job!)
Post a Comment