Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Love You Five... and Roll Call for Blog Lurkers

Some of the things we’ve been hearing the past few weeks…

I love you three... I love you four... I love you five... (It’s a game now, ever since I first told him “I love you too”)

William he like church. Really, really, really big.

Mama look.

Daddy look.

I’m REALLY strong.

Adie sweet baby.

William big boy.

Everything God made was very good. Genesis 1:31

(After eating a big dinner) William tummy big. Daddy tummy big. Mama tummy little. Teeny tiny. (He’s quickly learning the art of flattery!)

William I like spaghetti – more please.

Dear God, thank you for Jesus. Amen.


He is an amazing kid and we're convinced he’s a genius!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I’m taking my friend Deanna’s lead and calling this “De-Lurking Week”. I know there are A LOT of people who come on here and read but never say 'hi'. Everyday I have someone different tell me that they've been following the blog... typically someone who has never commented. Well here’s your chance... click on Comments and leave a short message so we’ll know you stopped by! At some point we'll turn this blog into a book and it will be nice for William to see all the people throughout the country (and the world!) that wanted to be a part of his journey to America.

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm always reading the blog but very seldon write. Words don't come easy to me. So I'll give this a try. I do believe that God has put William in your lives for a purpose. Knowing that you two would make great parents. Willam is really learning faster than I think anyone could have thought. He is growing now only in your lives but in Gods presents, thanks to loving family he has.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer,

My name is Sharon Ankerich- Savannah Ankerich's mom. I have you bloglined and read whenever you post. I too am an adoptive mom of a precious daughter EllaKate from China. I love reading blogs of people the Lord has led to adopt. We think William is just precious and is both blessed and a blessing all in the same package. We pray God's richest blessings on your family.

In His Love,
Sharon and family

Anonymous said...

I check your blog once a day for updates. I found it about a month ago. God bless you and your family.

Shelley said...

*wave*
I don't know if I've ever commented, but I've been following your blog since before you left for Ukraine. I'm so happy for your family and for your sweet William that he has found his family.

Anonymous said...

Already knows how to compliment women? No wonder he has so many girlfriends at school :)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us...it's been a blast following your progress through this adventure!

Take care,

-E and M

junglemama said...

Hi Jennifer. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I just added you to mine. :)

Debora Hoffmann said...

I read your blog, and I've commented. It's nice to "meet" you in cyberspace and to watch William blossom. What a wonderful gift God has given you all: each other!

Anonymous said...

Hello Dove Family! I have to say that I am guilty of reading and praying but not writing! What a wonderful journey to becoming a family - my heart rejoices and praises the Lord for His perfect plan and gift William. William you are so handsome and you have been given FANTASTIC parents who have loved you before they even knew you! Not to mention that they cheer for the VOLS! We love you guys and are so excited for your family! Love, Nathan and Andi Knight

Anonymous said...

I found your blog some time ago and read the archives back several months. From Memphis, TN - Congratulations on your expanding family (and William's expanding belly)!

Ken and Joy said...

Hey there!

Love your last post! We too have had so many people e-mail us from all over, but I know there are more out there that don't comment....it is nice to get to know everyone!

William is such a cutie!

Take Care,
Joy

Stephanie & Peter said...

Dear Zack and Jenn,

First time poster, longtime lurker here. Thank you for sharing your great adventure with us through this blog. I have so much enjoyed reading about your journey to find your precious little one. It always makes me smile (and at times cry!) All of you are so lucky to have eachother, and I could not be happier for your family!

Your Friends,
Stephanie and Peter Wisell

Leslie said...

Could he be any more amazing???

Our Family said...

Hi Jennifer,

I have been following your blog for 3 months now. You brought tears to my eyes when I was reading your blog about William kneeling with you guys to pray for the 1st time - he would have probably never heard about Jesus if it wasn't for your loving family. God bless all of you!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I've been lurking. I adopted in an 8 year old daughter in Simferopol in 2005. I like to read other stories of families coming together. Thank you for sharing. Your son sounds adorable.

Joann
www.little-sis.blog-city.com

Mom and Tommy said...

No shortage of comments from us, but, since you are doing a roll call, figured I'd make yet another one. We love William to pieces and I love his little accent. He captured our hearts from the first moment we saw his picture. He gives good hugs and is such a sweet, loving little boy. We are all sooooo blessed.
We love yall,
Mom and Tommy

Miche and Scott said...

Hi Jennifer and Zach, I just came across your blog and what a beautiful boy William is! My husband and I leave for Ukraine in a month to find our kids.
Micheline and Scott

Kevin and Krista said...

Can't remember if I posted a congratulations note or not, but I am a pre-adoptive mom who has been following your blog since before you left. :) Good stuff. Can't believe how much little William has already changed. What a little miracle!

In Him,
Krista

Anonymous said...

Hi from Sydney Australia. I found your blog while researching international adoption and it is so wonderful that you have been able to adopt a wonderful little man. I am so happy for you. I gave up my son nearly 16 years ago and I think that is wonderful that there are great people out there to parent these children

Peta

Tami said...

William already knows exactly what to say!!! He's such a cutie. ;)

Kelly said...

Hi Dove Family! I've been 'lurking' since before you even left for Ukraine! I love your story, and am so happy for all of you. We leave in FIVE days for our own Ukrainian adoption of two boys slightly older than William - they are 7 and 8 and we know them through missionary/aid work with orphanages. They are even from the same area William was from! Best wishes, KEEP POSTING! Love the posts about your progress!!!

Kristen said...

Hi, Doves!
I think I've posted once before, but I can't remember. I follow your story with joy in my heart, preparing spiritually and emotionally for an adoption journey to Russia or Ukraine within the next few years, if all comes together. Our biological son (you can see if you follow my name to my blog) just turned 3. Thanks for sharing your beautiful story with all of us "lurkers!" Lurking on your blog gives me great hope and encouragement.

April Bethea said...

Hello! I'm not sure if I have commented before or not, but I LOVE your blog & I have been lurking for a while now... since before you left for Ukraine! Your story has been so much fun to follow and William is AdOrAbLe!!! Thank you for sharing your story with all of us - we are so happy for your family!

Anonymous said...

roll call huh? I'm here! fun to watch your story and family grow! hope y'all are well. ~ lisa kilpatrick

Heather Dahlby said...

Hi Dove Family! It's the Chase Family friend, Heather (Abernathy) Dahlby, just reading along and enjoying your stories. I've been so SO excited for you, ever since Kristy shared the exciting news with me. I know what a wonderful experience it is to grow your family . . . in a little, insignificant way, I've loved being a part of your exciting year! Congratulations!!
Love -- Heather (Abernathy) Dahlby

Julie said...

Hi there! I, too, have been following your blog for a few months now. William is adorable! Little boys are so much fun! We are headed to Ukraine in 54 days to bring home a little sister for our boys! Thanks for letting us all follow your blessed jourey!
Julie

Living Life with Sophia said...

Hi there
YOur son is beautiful. I follow you blog to check and see how you are all doing.

Take care
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Sheryl in NC. I've been following your blog for a while. I have been to Ukraine on Mission trips and visited orphanages. I'm so glad to watch the joy in your lives and how well you are all getting along. Blessings to you in all of life.

Doriana Gray said...

A reader from Munich, Germany. Have really enjoyed your journey and good luck in the future!

Bonnie said...

Hi!

I'm Bonnie (Davenport)Caffey - I grew up with Zach at FBC Duluth. My sister told me that you guys had adopted - her son goes to school with William. It's amazing how much he looks like Zach when he was little - definately a "God thing"!

My husband and I are considering adoption - I had cancer 4 years ago, leaving us unable to have children the old fashioned way. One week we think we're ready, the next, we enjoy just being the two of us (three if you count Sophie, our dog). Please keep us in your prayers as we ask God to show us His plan in our lives.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's me, Julie, an old friend of Jennifer's from High School. I love your blog and have been following since the beginning. I've left a few comments here and there but I thought one more would be good since you are doing roll call! :) One of these days, I'd love to see you again Jennifer and meet your guys! I am so thrilled that your journey has led you to such a wonderful place....you are a beautiful family!

Much love,
Julie (formerly Gable) Messinger

Mellymel said...

Hey! I figured I'd "de-lurk" myself also. I've followed your blog for a few months now and I'm so thrilled that you finally have William home. What a handsome little man! We are hoping to travel to Ukraine ourselves this summer or fall and bring home our own little girl. God bless your family.
Melissa (mellymel on FRUA)
P.S.- For William- this "hello" is sent from Annapolis, Maryland.

Anonymous said...

Saying "hi" from Savannah, GA. I linked to your story from Loved Already, thank you for sharing with us. I've been "lurking" since November. I love seeing how God works in other's lives, we are all adopted children of His. Love and peace,
Lanie

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed seeing God's goodness displayed during this incredible journey! Your little guy is so handsome and precious and very blessed to have you as his parents!

Melissa
Birmingham, Alabama

Deanna said...

Wir sind immer hier! We are always here! It was good to spend some time with you guys while we were home. We are looking forward to doing it again in the summer!

Caroline said...

I've so enjoyed watching William all the way through--your plans for going, the SDA appointment, your first meeting with him, and then the *hands* picture! Now we have the enjoyment of knowing William's name, his pictures (*love* the videos), and accomplishments. But we always knew there was LOVE. What a wonderful future you three have together. God bless your family, and thanks for sharing this very special time with us. :-D

Chris and Kim said...

We have been following your blog as well, and are so happy for you both and William. We definitely would love to get Alex and William together sometime- they are the same age, too! He is just precious and God is so awesome!
Love,
Kim, Chris and Alex Snow

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog for months, but never commented. I'm waiting to submit my dossier and hope to be traveling this summer. Thank you for sharing your experience, I've enjoyed following it. I hope to find a child as cute as William!

Bonnie said...

I want to be counted in the roll call. I have commented but sometimes I just lurk.

You are just as awesome a family as I knew you would be. I'm thankful you're part of my family, too.

Love,

Aunt Bonnie

Staci and Damon said...

I check your blog regularly! I love reading blogs about how things are going once you return home.

Staci
(hopefully traveling this summer...)