I'm still working on the post about our 'issues', but in the meantime I had to share a story...We have a pretty solid bedtime routine now. One of us will help him brush his teeth and go to the bathroom, while the other gets his bed ready and turns on his Veggie Tales worship CD. After the 3 of us say our prayers together, Zack leaves the room and I read a book to William and then get him settled and lights out.
Last night after we finished his book I started to tuck him in. He shot straight up in the bed and and said "Less Me Nay, Mama!". I was puzzled and asked him to repeat it. He said it again, and pointed to his stereo. After the third time, the light bulb went on. He wanted to hear the song "Blessed Be Your Name"!
What a wonderful moment. We weren't sure that he was really paying attention to the songs that we played each night, but apparently he is. He is also quick to notice anything that looks remotely like a cross and tell us "Jesus cross", and he'll also tell us that we're listening to "Jesus music" when his CD is on or when we turn on the radio while making dinner. And on many nights he wants to read from his "Jesus book", aka his children's Bible. One Sunday a couple of weeks ago he came bounding out of Sunday school and proudly told us, "William love Jesus".
In our conversations I've established that he'd not heard of Jesus before coming to America. He claims he's heard of God, but can't really tell me much more than the name (in Russian it sounds like Bog). So for him to be catching on like this is exciting. Between church, school, music, and memory verses, we're trying to immerse him in it to make up for the lack of Christian influence over the past 5 years. He is our gift from God, and we want to do everything we came to bring him up to understand how awesome our God truly is!
7 comments:
that's amazing! Thank God for you!
What a testament to your own faith!!! William is truly blessed to have such an amazing Mommy and Daddy!
"William love Jesus!"
How sweet is that? What a blessing to hear, I'm sure.
:) Krista
That is so cool! Our Sveta's favorite song is Blessed Be the Name.
Wonderful!
Jen - I have been out to your blog a couple of time but never commented through another Ukraine adoption family blog. It is a small small world :D Ken and Joy are "related" to us through marriage and recently brought home Kyle.
I am friends with Georgia, who will be looking at her sweet Zoe's face any minute (I hope)! I just wanted to say hello :D
Ladybug hugs,
Debbie
Precious. Absolutely precious and William, 'Jesus loves William too!'
Post a Comment