
In celebration of the first major milestone, Zack and I purchased a comforter set for the little guy's room. It's a pretty loud pattern, but I think it will definitely be a fun look for our kiddo!
After church, we spent the afternoon painting his room. We picked out a color called Asparagus. I think it looks really cute so far. Definitely a big change from the way it looked before!

I'm not sure if it's showing up accurately in the photos, but the wall color is the same as the green dots on the comforter. We haven't actually gotten his bedding totally on there yet; we just threw the pillows and comforter on to see how it would look. Please just disregard the old dust ruffle.
Our neighbor Tammy is incredible with paint, so she's going to come over sometime in the next couple of weeks and do something creative on the walls to tie in the other colors.

We also found furniture for the room, but of course there's no rush on that. So right now it's fairly empty in there.
Saturday morning we met Jonathan & Heather Powell for breakfast. They've been serving as missionaries in Ukraine since '99. They're here on furlough & will be returning in May. My grandparents' church supports them and my grandmother got us in touch with them. They told us a lot about Ukraine, and now we'll have someone we know when we get there! It would be great if we ended up at an orphanage close to them, but even if we don't they said they could get us connected with other missionaries & a church in whatever area we end up.
3 comments:
Wow!! You guys have been busy over the weekend. The room is looking great. Bright colors are perfect for a little one!! Starting his room really makes everything seem more real, doesn't it??
Love, Mom
The room looks great! Glad you hooked up with Jonathan and Heather. Aren't they awesome?
I would live in that room, it's awesome! Jonathan and Heather Powell are 2 of my favorite people, meeting with them and hitting it off is a good sign. Jonathan was Jason's team leader on Mission Trip when they were youth sponsors, and I was in Heather's d-group my first year at ACC. They're the best.
Post a Comment