My dream wasn’t to be pregnant.
My vision wasn’t of me wearing maternity clothes and “ooh-ing” and “aah-ing” over newborn clothes.
I never longed to go through the birth process.
I never sought comfort in having a crib in the room down the hall.
Instead, my dream is to wear the hat of cheerleader, chef, housekeeper, chauffer, referee, nurse, and general multi-tasker.
I long to put our child(ren) to bed, read him a story, sing him a song, and tuck him in.
I want to tell him to dream big and always try his best.
I need to sit on the sidelines and cheer him on as he plays football, basketball, or whatever sports he enjoys.
I look forward to nights of being frazzled and exhausted, realizing that I didn’t get half the things done that I intended to, but happy knowing that I spent time with him instead.
I dream of teaching him new things, watching him learn, and taking him new places.
Our firsts won’t be about teeth or steps. Instead, we will beam the first time he calls us Mom & Dad, the first time he sees the ocean, the first time he tells us what he learned in Sunday School, the first time he says ‘I love you’.
I long to fix his boo-boos, calm his fears, and wipe away tears.
I look forward to helping him with homework that I don’t understand either.
I can’t wait to tickle him and hug him, and remind him over and over that I love him.
My dream isn’t to have a baby…
My dream is to be a Mom.
And my dream will soon come true!
We are NOT settling. This isn’t a last resort. Our prayer all along has been that God would allow us to be parents. And I believe with all my heart that He will soon do just that.
This is the path that God led us down, so that we will find the child that we were meant to love, protect, and raise. We intentionally did NOT explore every avenue possible to get pregnant, because God showed us that He had something different planned for us.
Our worth doesn’t come from a child looking like us or getting our genes (in some ways he’s probably better without them!). No, it comes from knowing that we are exactly where God wants us to be, seeking His guidance, and bringing up a child who will know that he is loved by his Mom & Dad, and more importantly by a God who will always be with him.
So please don’t think of pitying us or feeling sorry for us. Be happy for us, and rejoice in our upcoming arrival. We are beyond excited. We are anxious and can hardly contain ourselves as we look towards our future as parents.
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I abosolutly rejoice with you!! Thanks for sharing your dreams.
Theresa
Amen and Amen!!!!....I couldnot be any more excited for yall if yall were pregnant. And, in a way, yall are...like you said Jenn, a paper pregnancy. And, I won't feel any less his Grandmother than I do Anna's or Alli's. I'll love him just as much and be just as proud of him as I am of my girls. He will be my first boy grandchild and I am so excited. I can hardly wait to meet him. I tell everyone that I see that I have 2 grandchildren and another one on the way. Every time I see a little boy around 2 or 3 I think about our little guy and wonder what he will be like! Never, ever think that I believe yall are settling or that I feel sorry for yall. I feel anxious and excited and somewhat relieved that you, Jenn, having gone through enough when you were so, so sick, won't have to deal with morning sickness and all the tough changes pregnancy puts your body through. God, in His wisdom knows what He is doing and He knows your little boy already. And, I truly believe that yall couldnot love a blood child any more than you will(and already do) love this little guy. Like yall both have said before....he's your boy!... and what a blessed little boy he is. And, I know we are all gonna be blessed with having him in our lives. God is soooo good!!!!
We love yall so much and can't wait to meet our little guy.
Love, Mom and Tommy
I'm anxiously awaiting for your dream to come true. In my opinion there is no better dream come true that to be a mom. In your heart you already are an amazing mom and when your little boy finally arrives, he will be the most blessed little boy!
Hold tight to your dream - soon it will be reality!
Always in my prayers,
Missy
I love what you wrote, as your dream is exactly what our dream was too. We finally have experienced it and I promise you it is all you hope for and so much more. God is so good! We are so excited for you guys and to see your dream fulfilled.
Well said.
I've been trying to explain to Grady what a cousin is, since he's getting a new one. I'm not sure he totally understands, but it's given him a new word to play around with, which he always likes. This is great, because his new (boy!) cousin will be around his age--ready to play!
I totally agree with you! And your dream will come true VERY SOON!
Nataliya
Wow! That was beautiful....I hope you keep all these blogs so LG can read them one day to see exactly how much he is wanted and already loved. You need to write a book for others who are going through this same thing. I believe it would really be an encouragement to them......soon and very soon.....
Beautiful...life done His way in His timing is always the best. Thanks for articulating this so well!!!! We also can't wait to see who and what God has in store for you guys.
That was so beautiful! What you guys are doing is absolutely amazing, and don't let anyone diminish that! You don't need a biological link to a child to have a wonderful connection with them, and anyone who acts like biology automatically takes precedence over the connection you create from love, experiences, memories and the blood, sweat and tears that come from being a parent/step-parent/adoptive parent/legal guardian/etc is a sad and ridiculous individual. Don't listen to anyone who questions this! It's terrific, and that's that! I love you guys!!
Post a Comment