Sunday, November 4, 2007

Tomorrow!

The day is almost here! Neither of us can believe it. I guess once we get to the check-in desk at the airport with all our bags it will feel a little more real!

I think we're all set to go. The bags are packed and everything in the house is in order. We have friends and family to look after it and to keep things going for us while we're gone.

Zack and I have to admit that we'll miss our sweet Adie most of all (sorry family!). She's the only one that we see every single day, and she is such a big part of our lives. She has been very clingy this weekend - it's like she senses that something is up. She seems edgy and nervous - we found her "hiding" between the suitcases tonight...


I hope she will handle the extended separation well (and I hope we'll handle it well, too!). At least she'll be at her Grandmommy & Granddaddy's house (Zack's parents), where she spends A LOT of time. So we know she'll be well taken care of (and maybe a little fatter by the time we get back home!).

I don't think we'll get much sleep tonight. Kind of like Christmas Eve when I was a kid. I'm sure Tuesday night will be even more like it between the time change and knowing our SDA appointment is the next day.

I'll try to post once more tomorrow, but if not, we'll let you all know when we have arrived and are settled in.


Less than 24 hours!!

15 comments:

Nataliya said...

Oh my, I can't believe it either - you are leaving tomorrow! GOOD LUCK in everything - you'll be in our thoughts and prayers! I can't wait for your post from Kiev!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for a safe flight for ya'll and probably be thinking about you guys all week! And wondering how its going! Yay! Ya'll are about to be mommy and daddy (to a human, not a pup hehe :) )
-Lindsey

Deanna said...

That is so fantastic! The next photo of LG's bed will be after he's slept in it. Can't wait to see photos of you guys in Ukraine (hopefully you can blog from there:). We're praying and waiting with you.

Anonymous said...

Today is the day! I can't believe it is finally here! Have a safe and fast journey to your little one.
I can't wait to hear your stories and see pictures of you all as a family in the days/weeks to come.
Much love!~
Julie

Anonymous said...

The day has finally arrived! Good luck guys and have a safe and wonderful trip! Your little guy is waiting for you, now go find him :) We look forward to reading your updates and hearing about your adventures in Ukraine...Take care,

-E and M

Anonymous said...

Best of luck & safe travels.

Ken and Joy said...

Yeah! It is finally here! Good luck with everything, and I look forward to reading your posts from Ukraine! We will be right behind you!

Joy Rae

Tami said...

YEA!!!!! I'm sure you're gone by now, but we'll be praying for a safe flight and a wonderful SDA appointment. I can't wait to hear that you'lve arrived safely in Kiev!!

Leslie said...

You have been on our hearts all day. We are so excited for this journey to begin for you. We will follow you with our prayers at every step. Blessings!

Kathy and Matt said...

Wishing you all the best as you leave! We will be following your journey and will pray for safe travel plus a very positive appointment!
Can't wait to read your next few posts!

Courtney said...

Woohoo! You're on your way!! :) :) :)

The O'Haras said...

We pray that your flight went well and that you adjust to your new timezone with little effort. Your appointment will be a snap...so looking forward to reading your journey!

Anonymous said...

We were in Ukraine this summer and adopted a little boy! Such a wonderful experience. Just wanted to let you know Coca Cola Light is almost like Diet Coke!

Anonymous said...

Adie be fatter from staying at mom and dad's? Of course she will be. Everything that comes in contact with that house gains weight. I drove past the driveway yesterday and the button on my pants broke. I hope you made it through the flight and got a little rest at least. We are all watching the site for your first post from Ukraine!

adoptedthree said...

Our first dog (that was our first baby too) knew exactly when we were leaving the minute we pulled out a suitcase! Isn't it funny how dogs can sense that!

You will definitely miss Adie, but just wait to see her happy joy when she meets your newest family member!!!

Good luck with your NAC appointment